ieltscommunity12

Friday, June 16, 2006

Tony tormenting us again!

Hello campers!

The weekend has passed, the final week looms! Here are a few points from me:


  • I have edited and commented on Jean Luc's 12 June post of his death penalty essay that Dr Rashid had kindlyreviewed
  • I have gone over Jean Luc's most commendable edit of Mahra's Task 2 essay
  • I apologise for the incomplete photocopying of the reading project on the Titanic - the job will be re-done tomorrow
  • Tomorrow we will have a full scale READING test from 7.20 to 8.20. Please do come on time and bring your purple Cambridge Test Book 1
  • After some work in the middle on WRITING, especially feedback on your Tuesday tests, we shall finish with a full scale Task 1 and Task 2 WRITING test. I demand that everyone does this properly. I am getting fed up with sloppy work and students who scribble anything just to finish quickly. In many ways I prefer the likes of Jean Luc and Halat, for example, who come to the IELTS course with no pre-conceptions. The HCT students in particular are narrow, blinkered, not prepared to listen and very mechanical in their approach - it is OK, just blame the teacher!
  • Holland and Ivory Coast are battling away at each other as I two-finger type to you. Guys, are you battling? Are you hurting? Have I told you the story of Mais Al Bassam from Baghdad? If not, then remind me tomorrow!
  • DIANA DEATH DEBATE is scheduled for Sunday, 18 June when I take on the might of Mouza, Jamilah, Mahra and all your preconceptions. Will you give me a fair hearing? If your minds are irrevocably made up that it was murder, then I have an impossible task. Give me a chance and be wary of Internet evidence. I expect the ladies to prove incontrovertibly that there was pre-meditation, planning, a motive, a method and hard evidence to support their claims that X, Y or Z was responsible for 'killing' Diana on 31 August 1997.

It has been wonderful hearing from you all and thank you for letting me have a weekend 'off'.

Good night

Tony

I do apologise that Wayne Rooney is so ugly!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home